Re: magnets for gap quenching?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

well if it's a useless idea, i'm right beside you. i was thinking of
using the ac pulse going to the ford coil in my triggered gap to
energize an electromagnet by the gap, don't know what if anything it
will do, but it will be another thing i try. kind of like an "in sync."
pulsing magnet? maybe a cap in line with it would give it some extra
"kick"? maybe wind it with a bunch of turns of 28g mag. wire on a
ferrite rod? or make a U with the mag coil on top?
idle thinking,
marc m.