Re: magnets for gap quenching?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I'm pretty sure if you made an alternating current electromagnet for gap
quenching it would work, but always blow it the same direction because the
poles on the magnet switch direction when the current in the spark gap does.