Re: Geek .15uF caps Was: "plate" capacitors

Hi David,

I don't know of any "minimum" temperature.  You can run super high RMS for
a short time as long as they never have a chance to heat up.  Cooling them
with a fan "may" help but the center of the cap is what needs cooling and
it is very well insulted buy 200 layers of poly...  Cool air folw on the
outside just isn't going to make much difference.

I suppose you could freeze them in liquid nitrogen but the epoxy may crack
and other damage may start.  Easiest to just use more caps rather than
getting too carried away.

For very short term currents.  The dV/dT rating is then the limit.
Basically the current that will instantly (or over repeated hits) blow the
internal connections from pure giant current pulses rather than heating.

Cheers,

	Terry