Re: Wheeler ratio affect on pancake primary

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Will,

JavaTC is based off my Excel version. My Excel version started out as a
rendition of Ed
Sonderman's Excel worksheet. There have been several modifications on my
part to the primary
on my part to account for all primary styles. I've had coilers use JavaTC
and commented that
they hit the mark within a few inches, however, this may or may not be
luck. Every coil is a
little different due to workmanship and parts used. I'm not sure anyone
quite knows which
program will be more accurate for coil. The best thing to do is to make it
with more turns
then you'll need, try it, find the tune point, and trim it down back to
size if desired.
But, if you do this, it would be nice to know the final tune point. Rarely
do here pro's and
con's after the coil is working. This information would be real nice for
"we" TC
programmers. You might  want to check out John Corture's program. Possibly
you can get a
consensus of programs that more closely agree to help you out.

Take care,
Bart

<HVhighvoltageHv-at-aol-dot-com>