RE: Need Help with Large Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Jonothon

I don't know anything about that coating material, but I hope that it is not
conductive---maybe it has metallic particles. Space winding is where is
where the turns are evenly spaced a nonzero distance. To space wind, you
need to have the tube grooved on a lathe, and this is not worth the
trouble---unless you wanted to make a study of distributive capacitance for
example. Close-wind your secondary. Wind slowly and brush on polyurethane as
you proceed to keep the magnet wire in place. Do not install any spacers. By
the way, an 18 inch diameter Tesla coil will require a lot of money and your
most powerful pole transformer. My advise is to get a 10 inch diameter tube.

Godfrey Loudner