Re: secondary coils

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<RQBauzon-at-aol-dot-com>

	I haven't seen a reply, soooooooo

> is it possible to make a coil without the secondary?

	In a word: Nope.

> I've seen huge coils, like the ones that make 50' arcs,
>and i haven't noticed secondary coils.

	Really Large coils, Colorado Springs to present, tend to
	use a very low secondary, of large diameter.  This is
	impractical for most builders, but has (it seems) some
	advantages,  (L/R ratio....)if the room is available.

	eg:
	Tesla's Colorado Springs coil (if memory serves) had
	a secondary 10s of feet in diameter and 6-8 feet high.

	The primary was (usually) a single turn, and did not show
	in the pix, mostly.

	best
	dwp