Re: does anyone want old NST's?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 4/18/01 9:49:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>

> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
> >

> > Hello all,
> >
> > In the spirit of true pack-rats (as I am one) I have saved a 15/60 and a
> > 15/30 NST, Both of which have problems with one side of the secondary. I
> > had
> > planned on unpotting these, but have decided that I need less clutter. I
> > thought I would give the more adventurous list members, or the people
>with
> > more time than money (I have neither) first crack at them before I take
> > them
> > to the dump. Let me know offlist if you are interested. If not, they are
>on
> > the way to the metal bin.
> > Chris W
>

>Hi Chris!
>       Send them to the Geek Group. The tax writeoff will more than cover
>the
>postage. It's like getting paid by the IRS to throw stuff away.
>Matt D.

I love that people are finally starting to understand :)

Matt's completely correct. The Geek Group is no longer a bunch of lunatics
with a penchant for electrocution. We're a group of lunatics with a
corporation :)

The Geek Group is a licenced, legal non-profit, 501(c)(3), completely tax
exempt corporation. We are an EDUCATIONAL institution, organised on a
non-stock, directorship basis.

What this means is...

1. We're consistantly broke. And I will never make a decent wage for the
remainder of my life. My salary is capped at $52k a year MAX (and it will be
a miracle if I ever make even close it that). No matter how successful the
Group is, payroll is set by the board, not our profits. At the end of the
quarter, all profits STAY in the bank (and are used for projects/operations,
etc) they do NOT go to the board, shareholders, or membership.

2. Anything...ANYTHING you donate to the Group (This includes milage if you
come here, shipping, gear, parts, services, etc) is 100% tax deductable.
This works if you're a private individual (like someone with a O-scope) or a
corporation (and make O-scopes).

You also have to realise that what is worth squat to us as an old NST, is
(to the IRS) the value of the NST ($70) plus Shipping. This is legal (I've
asked the accaountant that exact question). This can only be done with
REASONABLE amounts of money. You can't send me an old Xerox and tell the IRS
it was a $500,000 Cyclotron. They have no sense of humour about that, and
Fraud is a felony.

So SEND US YOUR OLD CRAP! :) The Group is trying to do some rather
incredible things here. Imagine a SCHOOL for Tesla Coiling! That's what our
HVL will be (among other things). This is a place for YOU. Every person on
this list is welcome to be a member, to come and help, anything! This is a
dream fast becomming a reality and we need all the help we can get!.

(pant pant pant pant..rant rant rant.....)

Ok guys....sorry....I'm a little religious about this you know :) We're
changing the world here and all that.

HAve fun!

Duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1