Re: "plate" capacitors

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I still use the bucket caps for the occasional tinkering. And I plan on
building a large glass plate cap. I already have about 400 pieces of glass
in stock and it's a simple matter of giving them a good cleaning (I LOVE
Simple Green, if you don't have any GET SOME!) and stacking them up. I think
it's a great way to teach the concepts of capacitors and the blue glow is
beautiful. Who cares if they're lossy. If I'm running the coil, I'm MMC all
the way, bit there are applicaitons for the plate caps. They're a tool, like
everything else :).