Re: Maxwell Scot D cap dielectric

In a message dated 4/16/01 8:58:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> BTW  these things do get warm when run on this system  they are the 31XXX
>  series caps ( paper n oil dielectric)
>
>  any ideas as to why they are getting warm ( possibly 120+ degrees F )
>

>  Scot D

Scot,

I didn't know the maxwell 31xxx series was paper and oil dielectric,
I thought it was polypropylene.  are you sure it is paper?  Maybe
there's paper with poly.?   The one you have with the hole in it
from the accident.....  is it still good other than the hole?  Are
you going to repair it?  If it's damaged inside, can you take it
apart and salvage the good sections?

John