Re: Brass electrodes: was- A Little more than generalquestions II

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Marc, Ed,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>
> >
> > i have to disagree, i still maintain that tungsten carbide is hands down
> > the best electrode material there is. anyone that takes the initiative
> > to try it will agree if they've tried many different materials.
> > absolutely no wear, good conductivity, great sinking ability and super
> > cheap all adds up to far and above all else.
> > marc m.
>
> Marc,
>
> Maybe not anyone! :^)
>
> I HAVE taken the initiative to try many different materials, including
> tungsten carbide and there is no substitute for pure tungsten. Period!
>
> Ed Wingate RATCB

I have to agree with with Ed. Pure tungsten is superior. Cost may be a
factor, but really, it's not that
bad. Considering electrode life (3 years and counting - still looking new)
and zero troubles with pig
powered SRSG usage, I'd say the cost isn't really a big issue. Of course,
common sense must be stated. If
an electrode is too small for the power your banging away at, well, you
know....

Bart A.