Re: PTs

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

chris,
i wouldn't say it's dead because if i power one of my 300-1 pt's no
load, it will trip the breaker in seconds, but they fires fine in tc
service with proper ballasting. i have yet to be able to low ohm the
resistance of the secondarys of any of my pt's, the dmm just flashes,
this for the 300-1's and the 20-1's?. try to get an electrician to ring
the secondarys with a megohm meter, this will at least show a shorted
winding insulation or better yet try to aquire one for the group, once
you have one you'll find it indispensible. since you pulled them from a
once in service sub, i would say they are in working condition, if
shorted they would not have remained conected, this would result in a
ground fault situation, remember that these are in place to monitor
transformer output and condition and are the only link to logic
available to the loop.
marc m.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>