Ident. Xfmr.

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I was given a rather substantial transformer out of a hospital
X-ray machine that I'd like to make some use of.  It's not the
high voltage transformer, but instead has three windings, all
with multiple taps.  The tap leads are 14 or 12 gauge, making
me think it's good for some current.  I was wondering if any
of you on the list might have an idea as to what it is and if
I could use it as a ballast for a pole pig?

There seems to be a voltage ratio of 3:1  between what I termed
the primary (lowest numbered terminals) and the secondary (high-
est numbered terminals).  The taps on the primary seem to be in
a non-linear increasing scale, while the secondary appears to be
pretty much linear.  There is no identification on the unit save
for the manufacturer, Siemens.  The cross section of the center
part of the core, around which are the windings is 2.3" by 3.3"
and it weighs 55 pounds.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca