Re: Geek Gap Mark-1

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Why is it that our gap fires so slowly? It's firing at about 20 Hz (slow
> enough that you can discern the individual bangs, but WAY too fast to
> count), it sounds like a very slow drumroll, about 32nd notes.
>
> Also, we're using the standard Fuse holder apprach for a primary tap onto
> .25" tubeing.
>
> This sucks. There HAS to be a better way, but I haven't come across it yet,
> ideas? What do YOU use? There just isn't enough contact area in a fuse
> holder (even if you use both sides) for the 2AWG cable I'm feeding it with,
> and I think this is affecting my performance.
>
> Christopher A. Boden Geek#1

	You haven't given enough information for an answer.  What is the
leakage inductance of your transformer?  What capacitance are you
using?  What is the unloaded transformer voltage?  What is the breakdown
voltage of your gap?  What you see may be perfectly normal for your
operating conditions.

Ed

Ed