Re: MMSG??

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>
> >
> > Hello all,
> > today i had an idea. Would it be possible to take several spark PLUGS,
>and
> > connect them in series, much like the arrangment of an MMC, for a static
>gap?
> > You could put them in something like perfboard, and have a cooling fan
>blow
> > air over the whole aranggement? Would this have any advantages over a
> > segmented gap for example?
> >
> > Just an idea,
> >
> > Jonathon Reinhart

Great idea, bad plan. :)

This is one of those standard learning curve questions that almost every
newbie posts as they learn more about coiling.

The good news:

This shows that you're thinking around the problem. A skill that will be a
great asset to you in future coiling efforts. This is one of the great keys
to innovation. It also shows that you're progressing well into the world of
coiling.

The bad news:

It doesn't work worth squat for anything more than very small coils. And for
small coils there are much easier ways to make a gap. Also, many spark plugs
have an internal resistor (something about EMI I think) and it's VERY lossy.

Keep thinking, you're on the right track.

Have fun!

Duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek