Re: What Happened?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "teri mckenney by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mck-at-ezy-dot-net>
>
>I'm just trying to figure out what happened.A while back I was checking out
>some stuff on N. Tesla and I stumbled on to this list.Now I'm grabbing the
>kid
>and heading out to search for NST's for "his" science project.(Have you
>ever
>seperated an 11 year old from a video game for "his" science project) it
>ain't
>easy!What's next? I mean, shouldn't I be mowing the grass or fixing that
>old
>rocking chair instead?

Welcome to the world of Science :) Most of us get here accidentally. I
started out living in a dorm room with a knack for computers. Then I started
dumpster-diving on campus for computers. Then I had a dorm room with a wall
of computers (put 50 computers in your bathroom....now live there). Then I
met a couple other guys into computers. Then we got into electronics as a
whole. Then alternitive fuels (like the Wind carts, the first Group
project). Then we met more people who wanted to play.

At some point I ended up with a couple hundred weirdos who like to play with
lightning, computers and consider doing math "Fun". These are people who use
words like "Phased array" and "Dialectric Constant" in everyday
conversation. Now we have a city-block of stuff that needs to be done and
paid for, and what was a 20 minute sketch I doodled in win-paint is now on
over 500 peoples chest in over 10 countries all over the world. I'm working
7 days a week, over 100 hours, and sleeping in my office regularly. Even my
own personal car is a company vehicle and covered with so many lights and
logos that it looks like something from an SCCA sanctioned event.

All this from a kid who just wanted to work in a recording studio....lol

Be careful, this is not only a very dangerous hobby, but expensive and
addictive as well. Crack, morphine, heroin are junk, a real high is the
feeling you get from watching something you make display the most basic and
powerful forces this universe has to play with. The only things that compare
to feeling that Geeked is big-wall rock climbing.

I spend almost ALL my time either working on Group projects, or working on
Group fundraising. I want to build this facility into something that
EVERYONE who has this passion to learn can come to and create. There are a
lot of kids of all ages out there who have the hunger, and the brains, but
not the space, money, or ability to do this on their own. I want to bring
them together. Think of what we could do if we got more kids from in front
of the Nintendo and into the garage to tinker and learn.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org