Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/13/01 6:54:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Ed, All.  What kind of plate or conducting/insulating surface
> arrangement did you find when you went inside the faulty barium cap?
> What the heck is in these things anyway?  I mean, the barium is just an
> exotic clay is it not?  So what makes it work?  What kind of manufactured
> plates are hiding inside that hard clay matrix?  Or is it just the
> different mixtures of clay at center point that give out with the effect
> of capacitance.

Hi All,
I think the secret is in the Barium Titanate (BaTiO3. It may have some
interesting HF properties. It is extremely dense (sp.gr. 5.8-6.0) Several
barium compounds are radio-opaque, (e.g. Barium Sulfate is used in
gastrointestinal X-ray pix). Barium Carbonate is used in ceramic magnets.
Matt D.