Re: Newbie with capacitor question ?

Original poster: "Jeff Kamla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jeffk-at-sinclair-dot-net>

 Hi there, first off  thank you all !   for all the great information
that is provided on this list.  I'm just getting started in coiling
and it would be a much steeper learning curve without you !!

My question is: how can a person test a high voltage capacitor
with out putting high voltage to it ?  I can't afford new caps and
would like to be able to check used ones. does any one have a
good method of doing this?

I've tryed the ohm meter method, seems to only work with
electrolitics.

I have  .01uf  30kvdc  energy storage capacitors I believe
thay came out of a laser power supply but I did not remove
them so ?

  thanks in adavance    and    happy coiling !!            Jeff