Re: Big flex duct

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Where can I find that BIG flex al duct? Like the 6"+ dia, I'd be giddy if I
> can find a manufacturer of 12". I'm looking for manufacturers, the local
> Menards, Home Depot, Builders Sq, etc suck to get as sponsors, I need the
> guy who makes it. Any ideas? URLs?
>
> Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
> President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
> The Geek Group
> www.thegeekgroup-dot-org
> Because the Geek shall inherit the Earth!

Hi Chris...

if you are looking for the "standard" Al. flex duct we normally use for
toploads, then check out McMaster
Carr. They carry the stuff up to 16" ( or was it 18"?) dia ( supposedly it
will streach to 8' but with mine I
could only get it to 5.5') btw the more you streach the stuff out, the more
prone it is to denting and
"hanger rash". only problem is the stuff is expensive ... for 16" dia. is
about 24.00$ each ( i used 3 for my
topload for a total cost of 74.sumthing)

Scot D