Re: Big flex duct -- Source

Original poster: "Chuck Curran by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com>

Chris & All:

I found a firm that has distributors for their line of flex duct throughout
the United States.  Call them and ask for the area distributor near you.
They are:

SNAPPY
1011 11th Ave
Detroit lakes, MN 56501
Ph. 218-847-9258 or 800-328-2044

They are a manufacturer of various components used by the HVAC industry in
general, with two other plants, one in Colorado and the last in Oregon.
There aluminum flex duct is made in 3", 4", 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 12",
14", 16", 18" diameters.  I started looking for this several years ago after
walking into a GM Car dealership's new building.  There up in the service
area ceiling were long runs of this flexible duct in a 14" diameter or so.
All I saw were toroids in the ceiling and never paid attention to the new
cars.

Realizing it was actually available, I then simply searched until a
manufacturer was located.  After getting the distributor's number, I think
they then gave me local shop names where it could be ordered through.  That
was February of 1997, so my memory is a bit rusty.  I used both 10" and 14"
with great success, see these at  www.execpc-dot-com/~ccurran   The original
order for the 10" material shows that in 1997 a 8 foot length was $10.77.
When ordering, do not base your needs on the 8 foot catalog length it is
shipped compressed to 29" and I was able to get about 7 feet out of each
length and then joined them -- just don't count on getting the full 8 feet
is my point.  Good luck on your hunt.

Chuck