Re: Power transfer experiment?

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Sietze by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<s.van.de.burgt-at-hccnet.nl>

> Hi there all you electronics wizards/computer junkys and everybody else,
>
> As you probably will know by now I'am allways trying to reach the highest and
> most impossible goal so let's try that again.
> Here's the questions again:
>
> 1. Is it possible to make a coil driven by a crystal ossillator or
directly by
> a crystal. So it will be on one and stabel freqencie without fading in
and out
>     on several freq. bands.

Yes... This is what Terry is doing when he drives his coil with a signal
generator.

> 2. Is there also a possibility to filter the signal to get a ssb signal
(so to
> speak) on mhz freq.

Yes... one could generate the ssb signal and then feed it to a TC, which
would act like an air core transformer to raise the voltage.

> 3. Does any of you know if it's theoretically speaking possible to do the
> Wardclif Tower experiment on a smaller scale.
>     (meaning make an ionised channel (using xray or some ionising
radiation) to
> the upper layer of atmosfeer (ionosfeer)
>     and use the power coming down to fire up your coil).

Much tougher.  The HAARP project has experimented with ionizing the
atmosphere at high altitudes using a LARGE amount of RF power from the
ground and a phased array. They're trying to create a "blob" of ionization,
which can then be modulated at low frequencies (<10 Hz).  The idea here is
to make a better antenna for ELF communications.  Size counts in antennas,
and the hope is that this scheme is more efficient at radiating ELF than
the current technique of burying miles and miles of wire and driving it
with megawatts, all to radiate a tenth of a watt.