From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 7:18 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: HV, oil and air

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello all!

I have aquired a HV transformer, a tank, and about 4 gallons of
transformer
oil. Here's the question..
I am going to drown this transformer in oil. when they fill pole
transformers
with oil, (which does not completely fill them) do they put a vacuum on
the
tank to get any air pockets out? I know this is very important for caps,
but
I would think that it is just a critical for transofrmers. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris W