HV, oil and air

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello all!

I have aquired a HV transformer, a tank, and about 4 gallons of transformer
oil. Here's the question..
I am going to drown this transformer in oil. when they fill pole transformers
with oil, (which does not completely fill them) do they put a vacuum on the
tank to get any air pockets out? I know this is very important for caps, but
I would think that it is just a critical for transofrmers. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris W