Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

You can get used (in Tesla coils) Maxwell caps rated 35kvdc, 0.03uf for
$85.00 (4 for $300) here:
http://www.teslasystems-dot-com/products/index.html

I'm considering one of these for use with two 15/60 NST's (LTR, with
static gap).  Does it seem like a good cap for this?  I think it works
out cheaper than an MMC of similar capacitance, although of course
there's no way to adjust for different power supplies.

The cap is the only component I haven't obtained yet for my coil, and
having made the mistake of buying a bunch of those
unsuitable-for-Tesla-coil-use Cornell-Dubilier 940C's before I
discovered this list, I don't want to make another similar mistake and
buy anything else unsuitable.

	- Bill

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Joseph M. Geiss by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <joseph20-at-home-dot-com>