RE: NEW IDEAS FOR A PRIMARY

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Primaries would with copper ribbon are uncommon but not unheard-of.  The
main problem is in finding the copper ribbon.  Be sure that the material
you saw at your steel shop (?) is in fact copper, and not brass, bronze,
or brass-plated steel.  If you do in fact have a source for 1.5" wide
copper ribbon, please share it with the list as there are many others
that would be interested in this.  But I can't believe that copper
ribbon can be cheaper than 1/4" copper tubing.

Calculating the inductance of a ribbon primary is no different than if a
normal wire of the same diameter as the ribbon-thickness was wound in a
flat spiral.  Wintesla will do a fine job.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

>Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" ><vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>