A Little more than general questions

Original poster: "Wade B AndB Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <nabedaw-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi folks,
  I am going to turn my questions to the primary and secondary windings.

By increasing the diameter of the secondary coil, I will increase wire
resistance, that is a gimme. In what ways does that affect the coil
operation???

Why is 1,000 turns of wire the magic # for this coil??? Of course if the
turns are increased or decreased the inductance is affected, as would be
the inductive reactance, as is it's ability to establish a magnetic
field.
And of course the secondary voltage is directly related to the # of turns
in relation to the primary.

My question is, what effects ( to the operation of the coil) would result
if the turns are say.... doubled, or halved???

On the primary coil how many turns would you all recommend??? Maybe a
ratio to the secondary???
And at what spacing???

>From what I can gather from previous responses, it sounds like that a
flat or coned primary is just a matter of preference??? Is there a
different affect if the primary windings actually surround the secondary,
other than the fact that one may risk damaging the primary with secondary
strikes.

Thanks, all of your comments are very helpful;

Wade