Re: Energy Conservation and Coils?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

> So, really, how does this affect conservation, and what's the best that can
> be done?

Build a "hand cranked" Tesla coil. I have an old telephone ringer
generatorthat produces about 100 V AC when turned by it's crank. The
current is not enough for a NST, but is enough to charge a capacitor
through a diode bridge. The capacitor can be made to discharge over the
primary of an an ignition coil (a simple circuit with an SCR, and a
neon lamp or two in series with a resistor connected from anode to gate)
and the oputput of the coil can power a small Tesla coil.
It's also possible to use an electrostatic generator to charge
the primary capacitor of a Tesla coil (more efficiently with a high
voltage primary), but an electromagnetic generator is more
efficient, and easily generates more power.

It's interesting to see from where the energy is coming...

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz