Re: ??Where to get a POLE Transformer??

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

godfrey,
in my comments about aluminum being better for our purposes, i was going
on the fact that all the basic connections are already made inside the
case. if one was to build a cnc production shop i definitely wouldn't
suggest aluminum. if one was planing on breaking the pig open, maybe not
aluminum except if total rewire then the transformer would be cheaper.
and the stated qualities are definitely there.
BUT, your point of mmf (i guess that would be right?) is well received,
anyone that has watched welding cable jump around while the arc is
struck can see this. i've seen two ton water cooled cables jump three
feet when an electrode contacts the metal in an arc furnace.
so you make a very good point, i wonder if anyone has opened an aluminum
wound pig after a bit of use and seen loose windings or connections?
marc m.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>