Re: Ground box

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Ray, All,  I like the use of an extremely limp/flexible/braided wire
conductor for ground and general hookup use with our Tesla coils.  We
were lucky to come across some litz type heavy cable used on diesel
grounding and glo plug hookup.  This wire has excellent conducting
properties and has excellent insulation, and is often used as THE
specified grounding carrier of hospital beds in special care units. The
wire is extremely flexible and the hypalon insulation enhances the
pliability and insulation characteristics of the cable.   The cable
consists of many, many small conductors and is very limp, I would say
that it is akin to Litz wire.  And this wire is selected for hospital use
because of its fine multiple conductor capability.  (the ability of many
small conductors in a cable to carry large amounts of instantaneous
current through the skin effect as a multiple of each small conductor).
So yes, braided wire can be used in a Tesla coil, and it may be superior
to other types of wire.   Al.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.