Re: Need help identifying a transformer

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Nice find! This sounds like a 2:1 step down (or step up) power transformer
with the windings rated for 240 and 120 volts respectively, and a 7.5 KVA,
the implied current on the HV side would be 7500/240 = 31.25 amps, and
62.6 amps on the LV side. Not a bad price for such a big chunk of iron and
copper but of limited utility for Tesla Coiling in its present form.
However, if you could introduce a variable air gap into the magnetic
circuit, the LV side would make for an excellent high-current pig
ballast...

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Kent Vander Velden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <graphix-at-iastate.edu>