Re: Transformer Q's

In a message dated 4/4/01 2:50:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> My questions:
>
>  One side of the transformer reads 11.6k ohms, the other 108.7 k ohms. I
>  assume the side with the higher resistance is the "weak" side. Anyway to
>  figure out what voltage I am likely to get out of this puppy? And here
>  is a real duh question: I assume to connect to the mid point ground I
>  attach a wire to the case of the transformer? Just wanna make sure. Just
>  how serious a shock can it produce? And if I use 7.5 kv caps with it,
>  are they likely to blow on short runs? I don't have quite enough to make
>  a series parallel setup.

my guess is only half the xfrmer works, so use only the low resistance
winding,  yes, the case of transformer is the midpoint.  this will give
you just 5kV which is ok for a small coil.     depends on whether
the caps are mmc's or are DC or ac rated, etc.   your question does
not give enough data on the caps.

All such shocks should be considered to be lethal if you wish to remain
among the living.