Re: Tunning?? enhancements

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Brian,

Spark gap behavior is arguably the single most
important variable in Tesla Coil performance.  I can
suggest a quick, cheap experiment.  Blow some air
through your gap.  Use a jet of air from an air
compressor, or the outlet side of a shop vac, or a
leaf blower with a small nozzle, or whatever, and
shoot some air through that thing.  If spark length
increases, you need a better quenching gap.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg