quadracs

Original poster: "Mike Wood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike.wood-at-opennw-dot-com>

Hiya

I found an old article that referred to quadracs - but it says that they're
tough to find (in 1980-something!) and so far only Digikey have looked
hopeful.  Sadly I don't need us$25-worth just now so that's not a goer
either.  The spec describes it as a combined triac/diac package though - can
I just find a triac and a diac and bend them to my will?  How do I arrange
them so they'll behave the same?  Also do they just need to be rated to the
same voltage and current as the quadrac would've been, or is it all more
complicated?

Thanks for any help anyway!

Mike