motor madness/filters

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

i had a friend sell me a nice 1/3 hp induction motor that runs 1725 rpm
for $5. i actually gave him $7 cuz i know how expensive they can be hehe.
anyway, its capacitor start with a switch that turns it off once the motor
has spun up. i took the motor apart and started my work on modifying it.
found 4 dead poles each with a start winding on each. as i've read in
various motor mod how-tos i measured from the begining of the dead pole to
the farthest end of the strat winding. at least thats how it came to me.
used an angle grinder and a drum sander to grind 4 flats into the
armature. lugged it to college put it under the strobe light thats made
for finding RPM and sync and..... it spun up synced like desired! ive
heard that the secodn time is a charm. the first motor i tried to mod was
a 1/30th hp motor with 2 dead poles and it failed miserably. so im happy
with that.
next question is how many electrodes do i need? im thinking 8, but not
positive.

also went to a hamfest over the weekend and picked up some wicked deals on
ac caps and line/emi filters. i got an 8 uf cap and two 6 uf caps. three 6
amp line filters and two 10 amp dual stage line filters.

heres how im ptroposing i hook this all up. i would like some comments if
anyone things this wouldnt work or has a better solution. keep in mind
that im ttry my best to filter becasue i goto a college why many computers
in the dorms nearby :)

im thinking about using a 6 amp filter that runs lines parallel into a 6
uf cap and then into the motor.

a 6 amp filter parallel into a 6uf cap and then into the 15kv 30 ma nst.

then at the recepticle where im drawing my power from i want to hook both
10 amp filters up  in parallel with the line and then have their out line
go into the 8uf cap to the load. ill try my hand at ascii art of youre a
bit confused by this

      line out
         -+
         -+
         -+
       -cap-
       -+ -+
     -+     -+
  filter   filter
     -+     -+
      -+  -+
	-+
	-+
	-+
      line in

this filtere here of course being grounded.

confusion:
the filters have grounds on the line in end but not on the load side.
should i run the ground so the transformer and morotr can be grounded?

i have heard of coilers running the line in part from their transformers.
does that mean the transformer should not be grounded?

terry's fritz filter has a ground in the center, should that be grounded
with the nst?

should i not ground the motor to protect it from getting burned if the
transformer grounds itself?

good questions i thought.. lol thanks in advance!

-matt