rectifying nst's

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

all,
is there any way to rectify an nst to dc?
i wanted to run dc through my triggered spark gap to see if it would
still fire at 120hz, then my plan was to build a variable frequency
trigger source to drive the ford coil. i have a variable frequency drive
that i should be able to drive up to 1200hz.
i only have one mot at the moment, but i can get another and i have two
small 1.5kva 2400v pt's, but it would take some limiting to keep these
in line. i do have a double stack 20 amp powerstats i could use?
i would appreciate any suggestions as to the best way to get dc for this
variable trigger gapped coil project. the ford coil triggered gap is
working great at 120hz sync. so i thought i would move forward from
here.
thanks in advance,
marc m.