Re: ballast core

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

No, I would not have the E from this core. I just have a large (4.5 x 4.5 x
14") straight core. My understanding is that open ended cores do not saturate
easily. I know of ballast inductors made of 300 turns of wire around a form
stuffed with 'I's from old NSTs I don't think I would have to make this a
multi-layer winding.. I'm pretty sure I have enough length to do it in one
shot, but I haven't actually checked it yet. I'm still in the "can I do this
without wasting money" stage :)

Chris W