Re: litz wire

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jochen Kronjaeger by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Kronjaeg-at-stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de>

> > > I did see a site where someone was using HV rectifier tubes to
> > > generate X-Rays with a TC, I think it was this one :
> > > www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~kronjaeg/hv/index.html
>
> That's my site.
>
> I'm using rectifier tubes as x-ray sources, but they are powered by a
> flyback generator plus cascade (voltage multiplier), producing hv DC.
>
> Using a TC instead would probably produce x-rays as well (see Ed's mail),
> but DC is more easily controlled.
>
> Regards, Jochen

	The X-Ray tube to which I referred was very large: bulb about 7" in
diameter, overall dimensions almost two feet from end to end.  It was
way too hard to excite from a voltage multiplier such as you are using.
It wouldn't even "light" from my little VDG.

Ed