From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 9:55 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: MMC! Help ME!

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

hello yuri,
if you would like a step between salt water and mmc caps, try my "party
cup" cap. the cost of construction runs around $1.00 a nanofarad, so for
a 10nf cap (.001uf) $10.00 and about one hour construction time are all
that are needed. i built a 5nf cap in a piece of 4" drain pipe with a
screw plug sewage clean out to take to the ne ohio teslathon, filled
with oil and screwed tight, this cap is very mobil, then before firing
the coil loosen the cap a little. the polystyrene cups seem to do well
and i will be running them to see how long they last?
construction info is hosted by gregory hunter on his web sight at
www.angelfire-dot-com /ga3/tesla/cupcap.htm