RE: Odd numbers

Hi all,

 Thanks Bart :)

  Obviously I have some glaring flaws in the math, but I plead "public
education."
     That being said,

 I'm leaning towards the higher voltages more than higher current.  Okay,
really I want both, but voltage looks to be a more worthwhile increase.
Maybe I should go get that 28kv PT...$250 for it I believe.  I dunno.  Got
other bills too :(

   I was using a simple increase in current vs voltage, because I can stack
on a few more NST's easier than I can obtain that PT.  Also, working with
the "fragile" NST's, I have to be careful of letting the voltage rocket up.
Being limited to MMC's and NST's for the moment, I'm trying not to cook
anything too vital before halloween.  I expected poorer performance from the
high-current approach, mostly being burned off as heat, light, & noise in
the gap.  'Gap radiation' i'd call it.

  Okay, now I'm seeing a lot more of the picture.  Hmm.  So for voltage-ly
challenged individuals whom can't obtain 15/30/60/whatever NST's, current is
our only answer once we hit our voltage limit.  I have only 1 15/30, but
more 12/30's than I have 120v current.  Er, had, a few died.
  So now it's a question of making it more efficient.  Enter John Freau.
More secondary turns, more primary turns, better gap and higher primary
voltage.  Now, that 28kv PT will kick out ~40kv peak-peak.  Ouch.  That's
commercial-cap land.  A whole 'nuther post :) Hmmm...that PT is lookin
better and better, despite the cost of the commercial cap it'll require.  At
least it's capacitance needs will be low, as it's 28kv-at-1700va (~60ma?).  I
think it'll take 2x current for a bit, but it's only 120v input!  Lots 'o
amperage needed...darn...I'll research it a bit more.

  My curiosity sated for now on this matter :)  Thanks
									  Sundog