Re: ground question here...

In a message dated 9/8/00 5:48:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 terry is right here, if the sub panel is more then 3' away from the main
 distribution panel, then it should ""by code" have it's own ground rod.
 i really wouldn't use the bare wire fore a neutral either, so you could
 always  run a 12\2 into the house and use both of them for N, and use
 the bare fore another G between boxes. also now a days the grounds all
 go on there own bus and N's all on another, this way if something goes
 to ground there is no chance of a cascade of tripped breakers in the
 main. this goes for the main dist. panel as well.
 marc

I feed the 240 volts ac to my coil with just the two hot wires.  No
connection to the house ground or the neutral.  All of my 60 hz grounds go to
a separate copper ground rod.  The main RF ground for the coil uses a
separate grounding system.  This really seems to work well for keeping most
of the RF out of the house wiring.

Ed Sonderman