From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 6:26 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Foam-core Toroids

Original poster: "sundog" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi all, Gary,

  I dunno if you'll be able to find it, nor how it'll cost, but for a "spun
styrafoam" toroid of immense porportions, you may try hitting a dock
supply/manufacturing.  Where I used to live by Old Lake Hickory, TN, you
could get a block of the good high-density stuff (no idea of the real name)
at either the boatyards (shaped into a form for small hulls/parts and
fibelglassed over) or a dock supply, as they were used a lot for the floats.
Given the EPA's dislike for the stuff, you may have a hard time finding it
now.  Hit up fiberglass shops, and find out where they buy their foam and
for how much.  I believe you can get it in 2" thick sheets, or maybe the big
'ole 5'x5'x3' blocks I got in TN. unfortunately, it's been quite a few years
since then

                                                              Sundog