Re: Comercial Toroids (why they're wonderful)

In a message dated 9/10/00 11:14:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Coilers:

I would like to remind coilers of the other advantages of spun
toroids besides the fact that they look great and professional:

A smooth spun toroid will give considerably longer sparks than
a corregated one.  For instance my 4" by 13" toroid gave sparks
that were just as long as a 5" by 20" corregated dryer duct
toroid.  When the sparks are longer relative to the toroid diameter,
it makes the sparks look even more impressive by proportion.

Also, the sparks glide or float around the
surface of a smooth spun toroid, rather than being fixed at
sharp projections as occurs with the corregated ones.  The
floating gliding sparks also gives a more impressive performance.

This is an excellent price for a 6" by 24" spun toroid, so I have put in
my order for one of them.  I also told a couple of my Tesla friends who
are not on this list about the toroids, and they are joining the bulk
buy.

John Freau