RQ gap, revisited

Hello all,
A recent trip to the sporting goods section of my local "bigK" has inspired me.
Ever use those little CO2 cylindars for BB and pellet guns? Well, I thought
they would make the most ideal flat RQ gap electrodes imaginable. Mostly
because the ends are rounded as to reduce corona losses and keep the bulk of
the spark formation limited to the center of the electrode as opposed to copper
tubes, in which sparks generally form near the ends of the tubes.
If one were to drill 3/8" holes down the width of a hardwood board measuring 2"
thick by 2" wide by say 12-18" long, and then use a bandsaw to cut the board
along the holes, those could be bolted togather to clamp the CO2 cartridges in
place without drilling their surfaces and creating any "bad RF" zones. When the
surfaces of the cartridges become eroded, simply loosen the bolts and turn each
electrode 90 degrees.  Taps could be made by inserting some sort of cap or
fuseholder over the ends of the cartridges.
Also keep in mind that the CO2 cartridges should be empty before putting them
to use. I have no idea how quickly CO2 expands with heat.
Depending on the accuracy of the drill press used, the spacing could be
anything from .001 to .3" with up to 10 segments. More than 10 segments will
require you to split the gap into two boards because the clamping action of the
wood/bolts deminishes with length.
What do you think?

Safe coiling,
-Michael