Re: 1500-3000 turn coils

antonio,
i have often wondered if the shape of a inverse conical primary produces
a somewhat inclined magnetic field? the reason i ask is that on my 10-1
"candle stick" coil, an inverse cone produced a much better discharge
then a flat spiral. i tried many diameters and tubing sizes for the flat
spiral but the cone always did better. i thought that maybe this could
be due to the field inclining into a point "so to speak" thus causing a
stronger couple or density in the thin secondary windings? of coarse i
could be wrong (it has been said that i think to much). if you could
enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated.
marc