Re: More Ballasting this Danged Transformer :)

Hi Ryan,

	The dryer outlet is not three phase.  There are two hot wires and a ground
or neutral.  One is at zero volts and the other two are 120 VAC each but
180 degrees out of phase to get 240 across the two hots.  If course, if you
have some strange industrial dryer and wiring and you know it really is
three phase, then disregard this.

Real three phase is supposed to have five wires - the three phases,
neutral, and ground.

Cheers,

	Terry