Re: is this tube good for a VTTC?

Kevin

Used in a push-pull Hartley Oscillator I've nearly completed.
When used previously, two tubes will handle 1kW class C all
day long when powered by a 1.0-1.1kW MOT in level shift
mode.  Even though tube is rated to 3kV, in level shift, tube
will tolerate peak excursion approaching 5kV.  With staccato
mode control, even higher output is possible. Tube is a direct
one for one swap with a 811-A (compatible pin outs and
mu's), just MUCH more robust with graphite anode.

Summarizing (with a MOT powering).
1 tube - 500W tank input, 6-8" discharge AC 7-10" LS.
2 tubes (push-pull), 1kW tank input, 10-11"AC, 12-13" LS.

Recommended tube in comparison to a 811A.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA