RE: Vortex gap loss measurements

Hi Jim:

I've not thought this all the way through but I'm guessing that the reason
for the non-logarithmic decrement is a non-linear arc resistance.  If the
arc resistance went down as the current went up, would it yield what I
observed?  If so, it's still remarkable that it was non-linear in such a way
to produce a linear result!

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA