Re:re re BIG DUMMY Accident

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>
>
> david,

SNIPPERZZZ>>>

>  as it has been stated, it will take
> only one death, in this day and age, for the government to put a control
> on coiling. i'm sure some committee is chomping at the bit to put a stop
> to our interest's
> please people, this isn't a tinker toy we have here, don't ruin it for
> me with your stupidity.

snipperz again...

Hi All ....

its me Scot D ....    as usual i have been interested in the "up and coming"
""hobbies"" that are usually "uncontrolled" by the government. Back in the
early 80's I was involved with " hi-powered rocketry" at the time of its
conception, to be involved with this field was a mere matter of joining the
membership and with that membership it allowed one to purchase and fire hi
powered motors. Memebership was at a minimal 500 people, now the membership
is at close to 9000+ people ( even before me the regulation factors to
become involved in hi powered rocketry was a matter of knowledge alone ...
minimal at that) at the 3000 mark of interested participants ( active
Tripoli members) the government stepped in and began to control the
activities of how we were able to purchase materials and various components
to enable us as a group to persue the hobby. As of today, to be involved in
Hi powered rocketry requires a written test of knowledge, a proof of
workmanship, and an actual firing of the rocket and recovery before one can
pass on to the next level ( 3 levels to be exact)

As Marc has stated ...    if we do not be careful, this "group" of TCers
will eventually be controlled by the government as hi powered rocketry has
been consumed.  A simple hobby of our interests, our common bond of
intellectual interests will be regulated by those who really dont understand
what we are doing will be eventually consumed by red tape, confusion and
regulation which will make purchasing materials for our hobby a hardship.

In retrospect....    we all know what we are dealing with. Lets all be
careful and not make the mistakes that can harm our precious hobby...

Scot D