From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 2:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: BIG DUMMY Accident

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hi all,

I thought I would share a little mishap that occures to me yesteray
while running my 10 kVA pole pig coil. I had been running it at near
full power with screaming 8 to 10 ft. streamers filling up my little 12
x 20 ft. shop and observing this from ~13 ft awy behind a grounded
alum. screen shield. Then I had the bright idea to turn the variac down
so the output was only 2 or 3 ft. (about as low as I can go and keep
the SG firing reliably) so I could "safely" walk up closer and observe
[snippers!]