Re: Sync gap test

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 11/30/00 7:34:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Next I tried to adjust the timing of the 240bps rotor by adjusting the
>  firing angle so that all eight rotating electrodes were operating at the
>  same temperature. I managed to achieve this, but the spark length was down
>  so I decided to stick with 120bps. I don't know why I couldn't get my coil
>  to work at 240bps. (A future project)!
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Jon

Jon,

As long as the capacitor is large enough, 120 bps will always
be more efficient than 240 bps.  I found a 20% efficiency increase
at 120 bps in my work.  The capacitor size is the key in all this.
If the cap is not the correct size, then 120 bps will not seem to
be as good (at least for overall spark length).

John Freau