Re: FROM RUSSIA

Hi Vadim,

Beside reading all you can and looking at the various web sites, I would
recommend
you also begin looking for some components that tend to differ from country to
country. I would begin looking at what type of transformers are available
to you.
In the US, we tend to use NST's, pole transformers (pole pigs), potential
transformers, and MOTS. We typically run from 7kv to 20kv transformers at
20mA to
700mA depending on how big a coil we are building and how much power we
plan to run
it at. For the first coil, I would recommend with something along the lines
of a
15kv / 60mA transformer.

Another item to look for are tank capacitors. Typically high voltage pulse
caps are
desired (poly prop., poly styrene, etc.). A typical range is .005uF to .06uF.
Again, this depends on coil size. However, you can at least get an idea of
what is
available to you. I recommend reading up on MMC tank caps (check the
various web
sites) as these may be a better option for you.

Just wanted to throw that out. Once you know what you can get, it's much
easier to
identify the coil to build.

Take care,
Bart